Follow the circle with your breathing
(4 seconds inhale | 7 seconds hold | 8 seconds exhale)
Reduce stress, sleep faster, and calm down.
How to do it
Start with 4 full breaths each session and gradually go up to 8 full breaths per session.
Before you begin
- Sit or lie down comfortably
- Rest the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth, right behind your top front teeth.
You’ll need to keep your tongue in place throughout the practice. It takes practice to keep from moving your tongue when you exhale.
Exhaling can be easier for some people when they purse their lips.
- Wait for the circle to become as small as possible. This is when a session ends.
- First, let your lips part. Make a whooshing sound, exhaling completely through your mouth.
- Next, close your lips, inhaling silently through your nose as the circle above gets bigger and the text says “Breathe In”.
- Then, for as long as the circle stays the same size and the text says “Hold”, hold your breath.
- Make another whooshing exhale from your mouth as the circle gets smaller and the text says “Breathe Out”.